Friday, February 26, 2010

Back in Ketchikan

Garrett and I have both gotten really busy with work which is great! I am booked out until the end of May which will work perfectly. I will have a few weeks to just relax right before the baby arrives. Hopefully I will still have a lot of energy by then. Garrett has been recruiting a lot of new patients through his business networking group (BNI). He is very excited about all his hard work finally paying off. We should be doing great if we can keep this up through June when we have of our baby!

I am currently down in Ketchikan while my dad is at NCLC out in DC and my mom is have eye surgery in Seattle. It was a beautiful day the day I flew in and Monday but now we are back to Ketchikan weather with rain and cold. I thought this would be a good trip to catch up with friends but I came down with a bug Monday evening. Every plan I had made to get together with people I had to cancel. I had lost my voice and was all congested. I guess it has been going around Ketchikan, but that was sure a small incubation period from the time I got her to the time I started feeling crappy.

 Anchorage in the Winter...exquisite!

I head back to Anchorage tomorrow morning and I am anxious to see Garrett and my puppy. We have been keeping Oscar out of the kennel at night this past week because he started getting symptoms of kennel cough. There have been a few dogs at the dog park that have had similar symptoms. Since we started keeping him out he hasn't coughed at all. I told Garrett I don't know if we will continue this habit because I don't want Oscar waking up with the baby, but we will see how things go.

Oscar sure loves being close to us whenever possible. When I am home, he sleeps next to the bed while I work on projects and follows me from room to room. He is so mellow the majority of the time, the only time he gets really excited is if someone comes to the door who he hasn't seen in a while. We are working on correcting and channeling that energy. Work in progress...

Garrett and I are starting to look at housing options because things are going to change soon. There isn't enough room in our current apartment so we are looking at other options. We would love to buy a house but don't know if that is even a possibility yet. We shall see where we stand after taxes are all finished.


Our baby is doing great and so is mommy! Baby Haponski weighs about 1 lb today and is the length of a spaghetti squash. I haven't had any problems this trimester and I have my energy back which makes a big difference. I am sure things will change next trimester as I get closer to delivery, but for now we are blessed! Garrett and I love to lay in bed and feel the baby's gross movements and kicking. Our baby is most active at about 9:30pm when we are just getting ready for bed. It also wakes me up at about 2:30am every morning sitting on my bladder. It seems like clockwork that I have to get up and pee at that time EVERY morning. I don't think there has been a night prior to week 6 of this pregnancy that I haven't gotten up at 2:30am to pee. Luckily, I have mastered the art of putting on my slippers and using the restroom and getting back to bed without ever having to open my eyes.
 
Astin Bush and I showing off our bellies on her birthday. 
She is 28 weeks and I am 20 weeks in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment