Monday, May 3, 2010

2 months to go!

Well, we are in the home stretch of my pregnancy and only 2 more months until we get to officially meet Baby Haponski (aka: Juan). Juan was a nickname decided on by Garrett and I last Fall when we were at our Marriage Retreat. It is after St. Juan Diego.

Juan has been very active and loves to kick me in the ribs on the right. I am not getting as much sleep as normal either because I am constantly moving to try to find a comfortable position. I guess Juan is just preparing me for the lack of sleep I will be getting when he/she arrives. I usually have to get up to pee 2x during the night, luckily Oscar doesn't think that this means I am going to take him out. The first few times I did this early on in my pregnancy, he thought that mom getting up meant he needed to get up too. Oscar has done very well so far with the baby preparation. He is much more lovey dovey in the morning and will take naps with me when I come home for lunch. He knows what toys are his and what toys are the babies. He doesn't try to take the baby toys although he cocks his head back and forth with any of them that make noise.

I am only working till the end of this month and then it is all baby time after that. I am looking forward to having some time to NEST. Our roommate will be moving out the end of the month, so we will finally have a baby room to start decorating. We have gotten some of the big baby items such as the crib and stroller, but the rest will have to wait until we have room to put it all. Babies take up so much space!

Sorry no photos this go around, but feel free to check out our totsite at: http://www.totsites.com/tot/haponski
for photos throughout our pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. Are you going for natural childbirth? I ask this because I know Angela is pretty anti-drugs... We have become much more interested in it since the loss of Wild Thing and my bad experiences with Western medicine. We watched two movies off Netflix that you might like - Orgasmic Birth and Pregnant in America. Both really good documentaries - it started to change Jason's mind about home birth :)

    Glad the dog is adjusting! One of the best tips I have heard about helping pups transition is have guests that come to see the baby FIRST play with the dog for a few minutes, THEN play with the baby. It'll help Oscar feel less left out!

    ReplyDelete