10 Weeks Pregnant
16 Weeks Pregnant
Yes, Garrett and I are expecting our first little one this summer! We are super excited, and so Blessed! We found out on Garrett's Mom's birthday in October and surprised her with the news. Garrett's parents and Aunt and Uncle had already booked tickets to come up this August so this is an added bonus! GRANDBABY # 2 for both of our parents! My due date is June 30th but my guess is the baby will be a week earlier or later. Who knows for sure, the baby will come when it wants to come and we are ok with that. Oscar is excited and he can tell something is different. He follows me around the house more now than before and he is constantly smelling my belly. Animals have a great intuition about changes.
The first trimester of my pregnancy went well. I was tired more than usual, but overall felt pretty good. I did get some queaziness, but never threw up. It was more just sensitivites to smells and nothing sounded good foodwise. The one food I had trouble eating was fish. Of all things, (normally one of my favorites) it tasted TOO FISHY for me. Poor Garrett worked so hard at cooking dinner and every time he cooked fish I had to eat something else.
All of that subsided as I finished the first trimester. I am currently in my 17th week and almost halfway through. Crazy how the first half goes by so quickly! At my last prenatal appointment we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was pretty exciting, I have heard plenty of fetal heartbeats working in an OB office in high school but there is something so awesome when it is YOUR baby. Living proof that there is something inside of me and I am not just feeling off kilter for no reason. ;) Garrett came with me so he was able to hear it too.

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys! Enjoy the journey!
ReplyDelete