Monday, November 23, 2009

Lots has happened since last post!

I have been really bad about posting onto my blog because we no longer have the internet at the house...therefore I have to do this in my spare time at work or make a trip to the library...

So to get you up to date:

This summer I worked up in Fairbanks, AK until September. Garrett came up and visited me with Oscar and we went to the Chena Hot Springs. It was fun and we were able to meet up with Senator Lisa Murkowski at an event there.

The following photos are from in Fairbanks/Chena Hot Springs.

Then I flew out to North Carolina to be a bridesmaid for my best friend Amy's wedding! It was awesome and it was so good to see her again! I hadn't seen her since our wedding which was over a year ago. The wedding was beautiful and while I was there I was able to stay with some other friends from chiropractic school. It was great to catch up with Rich and Lynn Bowes.

Garrett and I spent Labor Day weekend out at the cabin, and just enjoyed relaxing. Garrett saw his first wild brown bear on the bank of the Kenai River while he and Jon were floating down it. He was thrilled! Of course no one had their cameras, so no proof. ;)

In October I flew down to Washington for my cousin Alicia's wedding. It was fun to hang out with all of the family down there and my parents made it down as well. I spent an additional week down there with my Grandma. We canned a TON of corn and mixed vegetables. I also was back and forth to our storage unit sorting through things to bring back up in my truck. My cousins Rick and Alicia came and helped me sort and move boxes. We didn't have to move storage units because the guy gave us a cheaper rate if we just stayed there. That worked for me. Rick worked on my truck before we left, but couldn't get the front axles replaced properly. So I had to bring it to Les Schwab...$600 later. I also bought new all weather tires for my truck costing about $550. Later that week my brother Jason flew down to Washington to drive back up to Alaska with me and my full truck. We decided to drive all the way through with just stops for gas and bathroom breaks. We took turns sleeping in the passenger seat.We left on Friday at about noon.

We made it through all of Canada and half-way between Tok and Glennallen when my car decided to DIE! It was only about 3:30am in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, Verizon worked and I was able to call Garrett. We managed to get a tow truck to haul us back to Glennallen for a small $450. Then, poor Garrett had to drive about 4 hours to come and pick us up. We made it back to Anchorage...without my truck and our stuff...on Sunday by 4pm. I eventually had my truck trailered back down to Anchorage and my water pump and timing system were replaced for a minor $1200. All in all, it was an extremely expensive trip. My truck runs great now though. :)

I have been busy working for doctors here in Anchorage the past few weeks and flew to Ketchikan last week to work for my parents. Garrett is keeping busy in his office and we are enjoying life in Alaska.





1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I just found your blog! What a time you have had the last few months. Wow.
    Anyhow, I saw on facebook you are expecting. That is great. I am so excited for you! You will love being a mom! I am going to link you to my blog, okay? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete