Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home to Anchorage again

I headed back to Anchorage this past weekend. It was so nice to have some downtime. Before I arrived home, Garrett had picked up a new dining room table and set it up in our kitchen. I was so excited to see a new table and it is a beautiful one at that! In honor of having a new table, I did quite a bit of cooking while I was home. I cooked up Halibut, red salmon, blueberry muffins, and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Garrett appreciated me being home so he didn't have to cook.

On Saturday Garrett and I went to Ethan's 3rd birthday party. He is the son of Charley and Jen who we went to chiropractic school with. It was so much fun to be around all those kiddos. Ethan kept asking with every gift he opened, "Is this for ME?!". It was adorable to watch and participate in.

Over the weekend we took Oscar on a few long walks down to Kincaid Park and also to the dog park. While down at Kincaid Park we saw another bull moose. This time I had my camera with me to take a photo. He was a legal bull...meaning he was BIG! We sat and watched him for a while. Oscar doesn't seem to be bothered by moose. He just sits and watches them. Before going to the dog park we met up for breakfast with friends from the dog park. We have so much fun with all our friends here in Anchorage. Oscar loves going to the dog park. He has so much fun swimming in University Lake and wrestling with the other big dogs. This visit to the park he was playing with Zeke who is a HUGE German shepherd. Zeke pummeled Oscar the whole time, but he slept well when we got home. Oscar is now 33lbs and only 18 weeks.

On Sunday, Angela and Mike made it home to Anchorage after driving for 6 days. We went over to say hello and I was able to see my nephew. I haven't seen him since he was a week old. He is now 3 months! He is HUGE! I think Angela said he is around 15 lbs. Garrett and I went to mass and then over to Matt and Amy's to play with baby Emma and eat nutella and banana crapes. It was a great weekend and I look forward to next weekend when I come home again for our young adult camping trip! Here are the photos to go along with my stories!

Me holding Baby Michael. He fell asleep while I was holding him.

Oscar swimming in the water at the dog park.
Bull moose at Kincaid Park. He was HUGE!
Family photo along the trail in Kincaid Park. It was a beautiful day and 70 degrees!
Here is my baby...he is looking more and more grown up every week I go home!
Our cute little family on the lawn in front of our apartment.
Ethan's Birthday Party!
Our new dining room table! No more card table for us!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea - I love the family pic! Too cute! So unfortunately we leave on Monday, September 28th for L.A. I am SO SAD I am going to miss you again! I had no idea you were coming so early in the month. I would have tried to work out a way to stay and that would have helped Brett too because he decided last minute to cut out of the Portland Marathon to move too. Sad! Well, hopefully we will get the opportunity to visit sometime in the near future. Hopefully before I decide to marry this fool - :) haha! Love you - Addy

    ReplyDelete