Ok, so when I get homesick and miss my puppy, I get to go hang out with Brent Sass...he has 19 of them!

This afternoon I was able to hang out with Brent Sass...he is a musher in the the Yukon Quest race which is held up here near Fairbanks every year. It is one of the toughest races in the world with temperatures reaching -50 degrees F. Brent won it his first year back in 2006 with his lead dog Silver leading the way through one of the worst blizzards in yrs.

He is a local up here in Fairbanks but grew up in MN. Check out his website for more info photos and updated video of the puppies!!!
http://wildandfreealaska.com/
Brent is accepting donations and sponsorship if anyone is interested... :) Thought I would throw that plug in there.

He currently has about 40 dogs and 19 puppies! I had to see the operation in action so I went over there and it is incredible. It takes a lot of work and thought to make something like that run smoothly. All of the dogs are so fun and energetic. I had a blast playing with the puppies and running them on the property.

No comments:
Post a Comment