Sunday, July 26, 2009

Golden Days



This past weekend I went to Golden Days here in Fairbanks. It was a lot of fun with lots of activities. It commemorates the days when people originally moved to Fairbanks for the Gold Rush. Fairbanks was a mining town and still has some mining today. They had a parade with over 90 floats on Saturday morning. The Chamber of Commerce sponsored a rubber duck race like we do back in Ketchikan. They float the ducks down the Chena River. It was pretty cool to watch 6000 ducks coming down the river. I attending the comedy show on Friday night. I laughed so hard at the comedy show that my cheeks hurt the next morning. It was very funny.

After mass on Sunday I went to the Governor's BBQ. It was fun to be there for the big event. I was one of the first ones there and so I was at the front of the line for hot dogs. I did get to see Sarah Palin, but I had to leave before her official changing of the guards to go to Heather's baby shower.





These were the shirts that people were wearing at the BBQ. Pretty commemorative.

Here is Heather with little Ruby who was born on July 2nd. She is so cute and snuggly!

No comments:

Post a Comment