Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Year Anniversary


Garrett and I had an amazing weekend! I came home for our anniversary weekend after spending two weeks working up in Fairbanks. It was so good to see Garrett and our puppy Oscar again. I can't believe how big Oscar has gotten in just two weeks. He is already 15 lbs and is only 10 weeks old.

Garrett and I decided to go camping and fishing up along Willow Creek. It was a beautiful weekend and warm. Garrett and I stayed at a campground that was SUPER crowded...we went just when the king salmon were starting to run. We will remember that for next time and camp out along the river farther up near Hatcher's Pass.

On our trip we saw a big porcupine. It is still funny to see them around here. We don't have them down in Ketchikan.





We went fishing at the mouth of the Willow and also farther up. We decided to fish for trout rather than kings so that we didn't have to combat fish. We decided to drive up and through Hatcher's Pass only to find that once we got up to the top the road was closed. This made us a little late for Mass on Sunday because we had to backtrack. We stopped and got ice cream sundaes from McDonalds on the way back to Anchorage. It was so good on a hot day.


Garrett and I went out to dinner following mass. We went to the Glacier Brewhouse and had excellent food! They gave Garrett and I a complimentary dessert as an anniversary present! We had strawberry shortcake and it was fantastic!

It is crazy how quickly the last 12 months have gone. We have done so much in the past year and moved all the way across the country. We are anxious to see what the next 10, 20, 50+ years brings for us! It is such an adventure and one I am thrilled I get to experience with Garrett! He is such a great man!

No comments:

Post a Comment